Thursday, October 20, 2011

First field trip!

Today Eloise rode a school bus to Goebbert's pumpkin farm for her first ever field trip. I was lucky enough to chaperone the group but drove separately so that little bro bro could tag along. We were underdressed and frozen to the core (unfortunately the trip was scheduled on one the very few crumby days in this most beautiful month) but the kids had a great time (all except Eloise - she took a spill in the mud and couldn't quite seem to pull it together for the rest of the trip - oh well...). They ate their packed lunch, looked at the animals, went on a hay ride and brought home pumpkins and gourds. The beauty of driving myself was that George and I could stay just a little bit longer to enjoy apple cider donuts, hot cider and buy apples to bring home. We adore fall. Who doesn't?

the bus!

lunch

G field tripped too

we carved our pumpkin when we got home

Augs sure looked cute not helping with the pumpkin carving

4 comments:

jp said...

Goebertt's on Higgins Rd? That's a long drive for a field trip. That giant pumpkin face freaks me out.

nat hamm said...

yep, good 'ole goebbert's on higgins road. pumpkin jack has been sitting on that silo since the 1970's.

jp said...

Our office is directly across the street. I might be there next Friday. If so I guess I should actually check it out.

scrodnals said...

If you go, don't miss the camel rides...