We headed to GRaps this weekend for a quick visit and ArtPrize tour. It is very exciting to see so many people walking around the downtown area that has literally gone from drab to vibrant in a decade. I was disappointed to admit it, but our favorites really were almost all voted in the top 10. I know it's been some debate, (although considering our short time and the darling children we were toting around) but I think the voters nailed it. Anxious to see who wins!
proud to be from GRaps - such a beautiful riverfront
monkeys on the bridge (oh, and hanging from the bridge too :)

performance art;
shifts of 2 different men turning themselves into statues for hours on end.
it was doing exactly what art should do - the excitement of the amazed crowds and the chatter/debate was awesome.

beautiful cousins
Rusty

chainsaw grizzlys in the Ford Museum fountain (there were about 8 of them)
cut paper - beautiful dimension and texture
I thought this crucification was cliche when I read about it the paper,
but it is gorgeous and gleaming in person.

very very cool. and debonair.

horray for ArtPrize. horray for GRaps.

We also spent a quick hour at Robinette's on Sunday before hitting the road around lunchtime. We didn't even make it in the Haus to taste the delicious cider and donuts due to the crazy long lines, but we did snap the requisite apple photo. And since apparently apple picking, hay rides, pumpkin choosing and cider drinking are just not exciting enough, they have a new addition this year...a jumping air pillow. Elle thought it was the best thing ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment