Monday, June 1, 2009

Andrew's Birthday weekend

We had a wedding reception at Kent Country Club for my cousin Jordan and his new wife Susan that brought us to GRaps this weekend. The reception was lovely and the weather was perfect for sitting outside overlooking the greens. Andrew and the men were able to sneak to the bar to watch the Red Wings victory, so everyone was happy.

I surprised Andrew with a birthday party at the West Michigan Whitecaps game on Friday night. We blindfolded Andrew for the drive to the ballpark and he was happy when we let him remove the blindfold and the surprise was unveiled...that is until I told him that he was going to throw out the first pitch. He lined up on the field along with the other birthday boys and girls while Eloise and I cheered him on from dugout and the rest of our party from our box seats, and threw a perfect pitch. Phew! We ate the famous Fifth Third Burger (split 8 ways to distribute the 300 grams of fat and almost 11,000 grams of sodium), drank the Oberon the Whitecaps serve on tap, and devoured the mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. The weather could not have been better for our game and the night was a blast (minus the home teams loss). Thank you family for coming and making the surprise a hit!


Wearing Oberon hats and sipping Oberon

Throwing out the first pitch. Strike!
Andrew on the jumbo-tron

The crowd singing Happy Birthday




4 comments:

smoothdave said...

Elle Belle has grown a foot since we saw her in May.

Scrodnals said...

I am surprised you did not comment our matching pink shirts. Thank you for your restraint.

thuggish ruggish bone said...

Happy Birtday (a few days late)

jp said...

I got the exact same photo of andrew on the dugout. weird