Monday, November 10, 2008

Sears Tower Climb


On Sunday morning, Andrew completed the Go Vertical Sears Tower Climb. He climbed 2,109 steps, 103 floors and 1,353 vertical feet. He finished with a time of 19:28 and placed #62 out of 1,952. I am impressed! And so are you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew is a stud! Did he practice by running up and down your stairs again?

smoothdave said...

Nerd

dwstaple said...

Taipei 101 here you come.

Anonymous said...

Taipei 101 is just a mid-rise compared to the Burj Dubai which is scheduled to open soon.

http://strawberryfieldsforever.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/burjdubaiheight.png?w=500&h=403

But even the Burj Dubai will pale in comparison with the recently anounced Nakheel Harbor & Tower which may approach a mile high.

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id31035

Then again, why climb building staircases when you can climb mountain staircases?

http://www.niesenlauf.ch/

dwstaple said...

I debated back and forth, and decided to cite the tallest currently finished building.

That mountain staircase looks pretty bad-ass, but my German is a little rusty, so I had some trouble deciphering the site.

I actually prefer the Stair Masters at East Hills to either buildings or mountains. It lets me climb without limitation.

Anonymous said...

Good call. And you can watch TV while you do the stairmaster at East Hills.

smoothdave said...

http://www.niesenlauf.ch/seiten/galerien/2004/mediafiles/l26.jpg

Anonymous said...

That link did not work smoothdave. But I can only assume you meant to post this link:

http://www.niesenlauf.ch/seiten/galerien/2004/pages/page_68.html