the tree at the Plaza

did you notice the angel at the top?
a portrait of Eloise in the lobby

For the first time ever, I left Andrew in charge of the kids for a weekend and escaped for a quick one-night girl's trip to New York. I had a great time in NY and Andrew and the kids had a fabulous time at home, so it was a total success. Traveling with a friend who flies 100,000 + miles a year has some serious perks...first class upgrades, Admiral's Club, and a free hotel room. This was my first time flying first class and all I can say is, it is amazing (times 10)! Other highlights of my trip were the de kooning exhibit at the MoMA (which was the reason for the trip in the first place), a great dinner at Raoul's, a quick walk to 30 Rock for an across-the-street viewing of the famous tree (way too crowded to want to get any closer), the Plaza for lunch and the Eloise store, and of course we hit some shopping hotspots - Bergdorf Goodman, Bendel's, John Derian, C. Wonder, Alexis Bittar...
I came home to the most enduring Christmas crafts and a welcome home note from my guys. Andrew managed more than just fine and the house was spotless to boot (as a side note - why oh why are there so many showings all of a sudden? - we've had 7 this week!). Andrew emailed photos to me all weekend, here are a few...
Andrew picked out this outfit combination all by himself -
and I liked it so much that I copied it for her to wear to school today :)




No comments:
Post a Comment