Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day weekend aka Daddy's birthday!

Eloise, George and I surprised Andrew with a Memorial weekend getaway to celebrate his 33rd birthday. We loved the village of Kohler and the Inn at Woodlake and American Club resorts and had a great time swimming, playing in the sand, eating cheese curds, exploring the Kohler-Andre state park, discovering waterfalls, drinking local brews - and simply taking advantage of spending a rare three days together. Happy Birthday, Buddy!

I've been taking Elle to swimming lessons and she was so excited to show Daddy what she has learned


she dives right in with her kickboard


kick kick kick


swimming buddies


george LOVES the pool...but we didn't get any snaps of him swimming


waterfall in Sheybogan Falls (an adorable little town)




Lake Michigan at Kohler-Andre State Park


my guys


a trail through the dunes at the State Park


Butt Crack Johnson


Birthday Boy at his birthday dinner (Horse & Plow)


I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. One of the most fun nights ever.


Fabulous shower with 5 Kohler shower heads. Eloise loved the shower but needed the
shower cap to keep the water out of her eyes. Kids, don't try this at home.


Daddy and Daughter at the little beach at our hotel


George also LOVES the sand. Our little beach baby.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Great snaps!! So glad you had such a super weekend in Wisco.

smoothdave said...

I had not considered how the multi-head shower would impact short folk.

We're so glad you had a good time! Maybe one day we can make it up there together?!

hamm famm said...

the stream tends to impact short people similarly to how it impacts your crotch.

yes, a weekend in kohler together would be faboo.

smoothdave said...

I thought the crotch impact was great.