The American Girl catalog arrived in the mail earlier this week. Eloise excitedly flipped through and declared that she wants Kit, the doll that her cousin Olivia received for Christmas. She gushed over her freckles and her little bobbed hair...she simply loves everything about this doll. I told her that she could ask Santa for her and immediately we began a list to send to the North Pole. That night, she insisted on sleeping with her catalog and I tucked her into bed like so.

The next morning when she did her daily wake-up-and-climb-into-mommy-
and-daddy's-bed routine, she shrieked "Where's my doll?" and ran back to her room to retrieve the wrinkled catalog. She's slept with the catalog every night since. When she woke up this morning, Andrew had to remove a silver dollar sized piece of glossy paper that was literally slobbered to her cheek. At bedtime tonight she explained to me, "When Santa brings me Kit I can throw this mazagine away." My mom started my nieces on American Girl when each of them turned 5 and I judgmentally thought that was way too young. We'll see if this obsession continues during the next 9 months, but oh man, we may have to leave this one up to Santa.
2 comments:
I was secretly hoping she'd want Molly! But I'm not surprised. The glasses are nerdy - and Kit is totally adorable. If this obsession does last until 12/25 it will be a very, very happy Christmas morning :) Fun.
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Can't wait to see what shape that magazine will be in;)
Post a Comment