waiting on the curb
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Obama on our street
On Thursday afternoon, I could not figure out why our street was cleared of all cars and blocked off. As the police started to arrive, I asked an officer what was going on and he explained that Obama would be arriving very shortly. He was attending the $15,000 a plate fundraiser event being held in a private residence on our street. We gathered with the neighbors and waited for Obama to arrive. It was really exciting to see the neighbors run home to put on Obama t-shirts and stand in the rain to show their support. The energy and enthusiam of the crowd was amazing (and contagious). Eloise stood and waved to the President and First Lady as they passed and has been chanting "Obama" whenever we pass the street corner ever since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's pretty wild. He rides around in a SUV? No Caddy?
That is UNREAL!!!!
That happened to Becky Staple McF when Clinton was President and she lived in your neighborhood. I have a picture of him with Becky and Becky Musgraves on her front steps.
Post a Comment